The Salterns Way is a 19km cycle path that stretches from Chichester through to the stunning sandy beach at West Wittering with plenty of car parking facilities located along the route.
The trail begins at The Cross in Chichester, in the centre of the city’s main shopping area. Chichester is served by a number of car parks and the nearest to the start of the route include:
- Northgate Car Park, PO20 6AA
- Avenue De Chartres Multi-storey Car Park, PO19 1EA
- Cawley Priory Car Park, PO19 1SY
- The Cattle Market Car Park, PO19 1JW
If you’re looking for a shorter walk or cycle ride, you may wish to join the route part way, in the heart of the Chichester Harbour AONB. Car parks include:
- Chichester Marina, PO20 7EG
- North Shore Car Park at West Itchenor, PO20 7AE
At the end of the trail features West Wittering beach with its scenic dunes and large expanse of unspoilt sand.
- West Wittering Beach Car Park, PO20 8AJ. You must book parking here before you arrive. You will not be able to park without a pre-booked ticket.
Parking charges and more information can be found here