Goodwood has a thriving Aerodrome. Open all year round, it has a rich variety of aircraft constantly coming and going. From World War II Spitfires, Hurricanes and Harvards to the ultra-modern Cessnas, this is the perfect place to watch, or even take a flight from.
Originally a World War II airfield, known as RAF Westhampnett, it was from here that pilots were trained in Hurricanes and Spitfires. The land was donated by Freddie March, the 9th Duke of Richmond, to support the war effort and was active from 1940 – 46 as a Battle of Britain station.
After the war the airfield’s perimeter road was converted into a racing circuit which was opened in September 1948 by Freddie March. It is still in use but now known as the famous Goodwood Motor Circuit.
Today, we have a thriving Flying School and general aviation business, continuing the passion and traditions initiated by the 9th Duke of Richmond. Open all year round Goodwood Aerodrome is open to the public and is the perfect place to watch the air and circuit activity, or enjoy a light lunch in the Old Control Tower Café.
No reviews. Be the first to write one