Supporting Green Tourism
The Great Sussex Way® is committed to supporting Green Tourism across the entire District.
We seek to ensure that:
- Tourism does not have an adverse effect on our local environmental, especially our protected landscapes around Chichester Harbour AONB and the South Downs National Park
- Tourism is acceptable to, and welcomed by, the host communities across Chichester District
- Tourism is profitable to the many business supporting the visitor economy across the District
- The local tourism industry affords you, the visitor, the highest quality visitor experience
You can support and help Green Tourism by:
(1) Showing you care
When you’re planning your next trip to The Great Sussex Way®, try to choose ‘green’ businesses who are environmentally friendly.
(2) Trying local, buying local
Visit the many farmers’ markets, pubs, cafes and shops across the District. By buying our superb local produce you’ll be supporting the rural economy.
(3) Giving the car a rest
Escape the stress of driving and explore the area at a more leisurely pace. Why not discover the unique landscapes across the District on foot, by bike or on horseback. Alternatively take advantage of public transport and the bus routes that run between the main towns across the District.
(4) Leaving behind only footprints
Help to cut your carbon footprint by saving energy and water where possible during your stay. Remember to collect your litter, and if visiting our beautiful beaches, why not do a five minute beach clean to help look after our oceans.
(5) Reducing, reusing, recycling
Please help us to reduce waste by recycling or taking your rubbish home. Next time you’re out shopping, try to remember your re-useable bags and refillable drink cups.